Be a part of our Cathedral Community
Volunteering at the Cathedral can be extremely rewarding, whether you contribute as a Steward at our services, a Cathedral Guide, a Flower Arranger, a ‘Holy Duster’, Bellringer, Sunday Club Assistant, Chaplain or Learning Volunteer.
Our Volunteering roles
- Visits. We especially need people with language skills or teaching experience.
- Stewards and Servers assist our Music and Liturgy team during services.
- Our Friends’ volunteers greet visitors at the Friends’ Desk in the Cathedral and help spread news of the work of The Friends and its community.
- Bellringing at Canterbury Cathedral has been a tradition for centuries.
- Our Holy Stitchers help to maintain the beautiful vestments worn by the clergy.
- Our Holy Dusters help the Vesturer’s department clean the Cathedral.
- Our Flower Group arrange magnificent floral displays, excelling themselves on special occasions such as the Enthronement of the Archbishop and the Royal Maundy Service.
- The thriving Sunday School is also run by voluntary helpers.
- Our Archives & Library relies on volunteers with research, reception and administration assistance.