An important message regarding ringing at Canterbury Cathedral during Spring 2019
The Cathedral has been undertaking The Canterbury Journey since the Autumn of 2016. So far, the Nave roof has been replaced, much of the stonework at the top of the two West Towers is being renewed and there is work taking place on the Nave aisle roofs.
In January 2019, workers will move inside the Oxford Tower, where we ring, to begin important work on the metal walkways around the bell frame, the windows and louvres, the tower roof and the roof beams and stonework in the Tower and ringing anteroom.
This means that between January 1st and Easter (completion date uncertain), there will be no ringing at the Cathedral, so we apologise for any disappointment to ringers hoping to visit us during this period. The Band plan to go on visits (towers, pubs, etc.) and hold social events to maintain our links and morale!
When we return to ringing, we will announce this on the website and will welcome visitors once again.
More information in the January to April list below.
Current Bellringing TimesOctober 2018 to December 2018
Upcoming Bellringing TimesJanuary 2019 to April 2019
Previous Bellringing Times
- July 2018 to September 2018
- April 2018 to June 2018
- January 2018 to March 2017
- October 2017 to December 2017
- April 2017 to June 2017
- January 2017 to March 2017
- October 2016 to December 2016
- July 2016 to September 2016
- April 2016 to June 2016
- January 2016 to March 2016
- October 2015 to December 2015
- July 2015 to September 2015
- January 2015 to March 2015
- October 2014 to December 2014
- July 2014 to September 2014
- April 2014 to June 2014
- January 2014 to March 2014
- October 2013 to December 2013
- July 2013 to September 2013
- April 2013 to June 2013