Canterbury Cathedral Trust is hugely grateful for the support given by so many and we value your trust in us immensely. That is why we make this promise to all who choose to help us in our work:
- We will use your donations in the best way possible, to support conservation, education and music at Canterbury Cathedral. For each £1 given, over 90p is committed to these projects and less than 10p is spent securing the next £1.
- We are committed to working responsibly and with transparency in our fundraising. We are proud to be registered with the Fundraising Regulator, the independent body overseeing charitable fundraising and complying with its fundraising promise.
- We will respect your privacy and never sell on your details. We like to keep our supporters updated throughout the year about our fundraising achievements and projects at the Cathedral. If you decide not to hear from us or would like to change how frequently, or the method by which we contact you, please email or call +44 (0) 1227 865 307.
- The Trust is part of “the Cathedral Family” which also comprises The Chapter of Canterbury, Friends of Canterbury Cathedral, FOCCUS and Cathedral Enterprises Ltd. We work closely with colleagues across the Cathedral Family to deliver our work. You can find the website Privacy Statement here. We will share information within the Cathedral Family to carry out our work and to keep records up-to-date in order to avoid any inconvenience for our supporters.
- To help identify new major sources of support, we undertake research using publicly available information such as the Charity Commission, newspaper articles and other online resources. We also work closely with our supporters, the Cathedral Family and others to identify new audiences. If you have any questions about our work, you can contact our Senior Development Manager, Charlotte Walshe.
October 2017 – this promise is regularly reviewed