The Archives and Library of Canterbury Cathedral welcome all researchers with interests in our collections.
The reading room for the Archives and Library is open by appointment:
- Tuesday – Thursday: 09.15 hrs to 16.45 hrs
- Mondays and Fridays: open for pre-booked group visits
- Saturdays – 1st Saturday of every month: 09.15 – 12.45 hrs
Lunchtime closure may occasionally be necessary.
For Saturday openings all documents and books must be ordered in advance.
Researchers are required to register for a CARN readers’ ticket. These tickets are accepted in record offices across the country. If you do not have one, we can issue one when you visit: please supply a passport-sized photograph, and bring with you some forms of identification which prove your address and show your signature (e.g. driving license). Click here for more information on CARN tickets
Making an appointment
To make an appointment or for further information please contact the Archives or Library on the details below
+44 (0)1227 865330
+44 (0)1227 865287
Bookings can be made for a reading desk, a computer, or a microfilm/fiche reader.
The Archives and Library offers a wealth of resources to students or staff involved in Higher Education, please contact the Library or Archives directly to discuss your visit.
How to find us
Click map to enlarge
Please note that the reading room will be closed on the following dates:
- Tuesday 8th November 2016 – Thursday 10th November 2016
- Friday 16th December 2016 – Monday 2nd January 2017
- Friday 7th April 2017 – Monday 24th April 2017