Be A Part Of It
The Friends are a group of like-minded people who wish to become involved in the community and life of Canterbury Cathedral. The Friends provide a channel for individuals to show their support by joining in with activities and with direct giving.
The Friends have given millions of pounds towards projects to help support the buildings, ornaments, furnishings and the life of the Cathedral.
Projects have included:
- 2012 towards new Quire Organ £67,000
- 2011 The Choristers New Minibus £24,000
- 2011 The Quire Re-Lighting £20,000
- 2011 The Cloister Lighting improvements £15,000
- 2011 towards Chapter House Lighting and PA System £42,000
- 2010 Restoration Christ Church Gates £250,000
- 2009 Howley Harrison Library £230,000
- 2007 Cathedral Chairs £270,000
- 2006 Cathedral Restoration £500,000
- 1993 Nave Floor Repaving £153,600
- 1990 Christ Church Gate Statue £135,900
- 1987 Martyrdom Chapel of the Sword Point £23,115
- 1972 New Stained Glass Workshop and Stonemasons Yard £58,000
- 1967 Repairs to Bell Harry £192,900
- 1948 Rebuilding of the organ £364,480
- 1939 Great Cloister Vault blazoning of 800 shields of arms £85,672
(Earlier figures are expressed in 2010 prices)
You will also meet and make friends with people with similar interests, and a commitment to preserving one of the most beautiful and important ancient buildings in the world.